* MAGDALEN LUECKE & PHIL STONE * COLLABORATIVE THESIS CONCERT May 11, 1983
1. "Computer Music Stuff" - Phil Stone - This is a live mix of six tracks of computer-generated and/or controlled source material resulting from tapes made while experimenting with digital delay. P.S.
2. "Traveling Light" - Magdalen Luecke Choreography - Heather Leigh Baer Dancers - Heather Leigh Baer, Kate Bashart, Duke Dahlin, Laura Elaine Ellis, Stephanie Graham, Evelyn Larson, Nancy McCullough, Jane Shoernberg
- All the sounds on this tape, with the exception of horns and piano, were generated from saying the word "percussionist" once into the tape recorder. Manipulation techniques include sphering, speed variation, backwards and forwards. Jean-Francois Denis and Richard Povall gave their expertise in Baer for her virtuosic choreography and body. M.L.
3. "Reference to a Null Pointer" - Choreography - Stephanie Graham; Music : Phil Stone Dancers - Heather Leigh Baer, Betty Danielson, Betty Dotter, Laura Elaine Ellis, Louise Sully, Faith Blevins
* INTERMISSION *
4. "Kunchensunkentui" - Magdalen Luecke -This is my thesis opus. It is meant for pure enjoyment. It was inspired by the I Ching : hexagrams Decrease and Inner Truth. I kiss the feet of Jay Cloidt for recording it and Richard Povall for the final mix. M.S.
5. "Rental Land" - Carla Fabrizio, Barney Jones : Vocals; Jim McKee : CASIO M-10 Magdalen Luecke : Tack Piano; Phil Stone : Electronic Percussion and Rimshots
6. "I'm a Nerd" - Magdalen Luecke ; CASIO/ARIES bass, CASIO lead Phil Stone : Words, Computer lead, Computer drums
7. "Xenophobia" - Magdalen Luecke : XENO keyboard, Bass line programming Phil Stone : Electronic drums; David Fritz : Director; Jim Campbell : Dancer
-Xenophobia, loosely defined as "fear of the unknown", accurately describes what one should feel when venturing into the realm of live computer performance where the unknown has particularly perverse qualities. "Xeno" is a home-built digitally-scanned polyphonic keyboard hooked into a computer-controlled CASIO (co-designed with Jim McKee), which is driven rhythmically by a computer drum system. A total of three computers are communicating with each other, with a mixture of pre-composed and live musical inputs. In a system of this complexity, a healthy fear of the unknown is unavoidable. Jim Campbell has been working extensively with David Fritz in improvisatory dance settings. His performance tonight is completely improvisatory in that he will be hearing the music for the first time - consistent with the aesthetic of the unknown. P.S.
Magdalen would like to thank Barbara Golden for the use of her CASIO keyboard; David Fritz for his environmental genius; Scot Gresham-Lancaster for getting her out of many a fix; and her family for being here.
Phil owes many thanks to Jim McKee for excellent craftmanship and moral support; to Richard Povall for unshakeable technical competency; st Scot Gresham-Lancaster for the "big fix"; to David Rosenboom for allowing me to pilfer his subroutines; and to Stephanie Graham for not minding when the drums fell silent.
Thanks also to : Anne Leith, Adrienne Bronstein, Jean-Francois Denis, Catherine Mitchell, Barney Jones, Shannon Mong, Yvette Olsen, Britta Cos, and especially to all the dancers.
* MUSIC FROM THE SOUTHERN SCHOOL OF LEVITATION TAPE - MEAL * FOR THE BOMB THAT DROPPED ON HAROLD JAMES VIDEO - JEAN MONCRIEFF
* MUSIC - JEAN MONCRIEFF & ANON. A WORK IN REGRESS AND REGRET
* I FELL DOWN ON THE WAY OUT TAPE - BEN AZARM
* T.V. MUSIC TAPE - AZARM/MEAL/CLOIDT
* ANGEL from LIGHT OF HAND (LUMIERE DE MAIN) K. ATCHLEY
*VOICE - THERESA WHITEHILL -LAETITIA DE COMPIEGNE - BEN AZARM - K. ATCHLEY
* GOD'S WOUNDS ELECTRONICS DESIGN - B. REINBOLT
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE - JAY CLOIDT, BRIAN REINBOLT
april, 26. 8:00 pm greek theater mills college directed by: susan galligan music by: barbara golden.
SAT. MARCH 7, 1981 MILLS COLLEGE CONCERT HALL *0-LAND
MR. BRIAN REINBOLT WILL SERVE TRANCE CITY
HEAVY ART COMPUTERS ELECTRONICS VIDEO
PLUS FREE FOOD AND DRINK
8:00 MILLS CONCERT HALL SATURDAY MARCH 7 
A MEAL PRODUCTION
S Y N T O N Y (1980)
Composer/Performer .... Tim Leaphart Video .... Ro Leaphart
WELCOME! Tonight's performance of Syntony is a blend of concert and installation with an approximate length of one hour. Please feel free to sit or to move about as you wish, tuning in and out of the music and art. As this is a concert/installation, we would appreciate a minimum of conversation, so all may equally enjoy.
*Wine will be served during the performance in the upstairs foyer.
THE CENTER FOR CONTEMPORARY MUSIC
the New music Coalition
Kenneth Atchley Electrobeth R. Gerald Martin David Matthew Maggi Payne Brian Reinbolt Saturday, Dec. 13, 8:00 pm 
Mills College Concert Hall
For More Information Call; 635-7620 admission Free
THE DETAILS: A SOUND INSTALLATION V. Gould Marina La Palma MILLS ART GALLERY May 1, 1979 10 to 4 pm
Mr. van Leeuwenhoek must have said to himself, "How can I see these small things better so that I can examine them more carefully?"
Special thanks to Ron Kuivila for technical design
MILLS COLLEGE OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA 94613 COALITION CONCERT April Seventeenth, 1980
Laetitia de Compiegne : WHILE U WAIT - A piece for synthesizer, pigeons, planes and voices pre-recorded, & tibetan gong.
DAVID MINTZ Reduce Speed (now) Riding Dualtones Between Too Mixnixts
DREAMWORK Music / Elizabeth Reynolds Dance / Traci Collins, E. Reynolds Photography / Dave Bennett, E. Reynolds (Photomicography w/ Polarized Light Technique) Make-up / Courtney Allen
ATMOSPHERIC SENSATIONS BOILING BENEATH MY SKIN ERUPTING AT NIGHT WHILE MY DREAMS WORK MELTING AWAY THE OUTER LAYERS THINKING MUCH FURTHER THAN THE FEET CAN TRAVEL...
INTERMISSION (Tibetan Buddhist Tantras of Gyu To Sanga Dupa ...)
OCEANUS (or THE TOOTH) 1980 Durand Rene Begault with RPM: begault - piano percy furgason -drums matthew petterson - bass
MANY THANX to BARRY CARTER & DYNO-MY-PIANO for Piano Sound System
Here is what I want on my prog: Myron Brian Reinbolt
Five - Eight by Gerry Martin Dance - Susan Ford Janet Coster Ondine Gage Drums - Gerry Martin Richard De Graffenried
GOOD NIGHT AND THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
This is a CCM concert, which means this:
DURAND BEGAULT SHALL BE PERFORMING MANDALA MUSIC #5
BEN AZARM WILL HOLD FORTH WITH "WHY NOT MONDAY?"
ELIZABETH REYNOLDS shall treat us to some TOXIC WASTE
AFTER WHICH THERE WILL BE AN INTERMISSION SO THAT THE SECOND HALF CAN SET UP ....
BRIAN REINBOLT HAS A PIECE ON SURVIVAL
after which K. ATCHLEY DOES HIS ADVENTURE MUSIC FROM THE SOUTHERN SCHOOL OF LEVITAITON 74 BASIC CONCEPTS FOLLOWED BY "LIGHT FAX" FROM
MILLS COLLEGE CENTER FOR CONTEMPORARY MUSIC February 24, 1979
Three Pieces for Orchestra Brian Reinbolt
Intervista Marina LaPalma
The Big "O" Jay Cloidt
"Insect Grammer" Marina LaPalma
Propensities Tom Bechly Tenor Saxaphone - Ken Durling
COALITION CONCERT CENTER FOR CONTEMPORARY MUSIC DECEMBER 13, 1980
Content Brian Reinbolt
Rising Maggi Payne
Ether Jerry martin
China Blues.. Jean Moncrieff with Willy Whynot
Angel K. Atchley Christine Costello, Kimberlee Lysne, Flash Stutsman, Sima Wolf: voice; Brian Reinbolt: technical assistance; K. Atchley : electronics, text, staging
Organell Elizabeth Reynolds Photomicrography: Elizabeth Reynolds/D. Bennett The Inter Record Gap
Wu David Matthew
.... EXTENDED DREAMS ...... laetitia
MILLS COLLEGE DEC. I6, 1980
(*It might be better to sit in the space created by the four speakers)
* EXTENDED DREAMS. (It can happen that one hears, at night, the highway dreaming the dreams people have left on the road, Birds, Synthesizer, people, woodrums- Visuals: The Bridge
* FAIRY TALES (& OTHER IMPORTANT STATEMENTS), or Sometimes I hear sounds of people and planes in my mind, and I cannot hear you, so please, stay by and tell me one more time - People , Synthesizer, Water, and excerpts of Fairy Tales from different places - Visuals: Wind in a Tree
*WHILE U WAIT. Memories of words and places. Tibetan Gong, Synthesizer, Voices. Visuals: a Man reading & Planes.
(I would like to thank a lot of people for helping on this project, and especially Maggi Payne, Eliane Radique, Elizabeth Reynolds, Kenneth Atchley, Jay Cloidt)
Sam Ashley Barbara Golden Willie Whynot Wendy Reid Jon Siddall Errin Runston
New Performance Works Mills College Student Union Friday, April 25 8:30 P.M. 
Mills College Ensemble Room Oakland, Ca 8pm Feb 27
Music Performance WHERE WE LIVE
Helen Holt T. Patrick R. Stein M. Trayle J. Morris
ELECTRIC WEASEL ENSEMBLE Friday, February 29, 1980 Mills College Concert Hall 8 pm Center for Contemporary Music Admission is Free
Allen Strange David Morse Pat Strange Steve Ruppenthal
MOON PLUS MOON (1976) Allen Strange CALLS I (1979) Steve Ruppenthal
MUSIC FROM THE TIME CURVE POEMS, VOL. XV Das Eustrellen
The Electric Weasel Ensemble will be featured on the Kaleidoscope Series, Channel 54, on May 22nd at 8 p.m.
This concert sponsored in part by a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts.
MILLS COLLEGE OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA 94613 CENTER FOR CONTEMPORARY MUSIC ANNE WEHRER Friday, February 27, 8 pm COLUMBUS DAY 1984
TYPED by Cheryl Vega 8-25-95